Through in-depth research, program monitoring, advocacy and public information activities, RIPEC:
- Suggests approaches to help improve the effectiveness and efficiency of government agencies;
- Promotes fiscal responsibility and sound management practices;
- Assists elected officials and their staffs in the development of sound policies and programs;
- Enhances understanding between the private sector and state and local governments;
- Provides objective information and conducts educational programs for the benefit of Council members, public officials, and the general public;
- Builds coalitions with other community groups to promote sound public policies; and
- Promotes a public policy agenda to foster a climate for economic opportunity.
With this unique blend of public information and practical research for legislative or executive action, RIPEC suggests new programs and improvements to current programs to make Rhode Island government more effective for all its citizens.