Benefits of Membership
RIPEC members include businesses and professional firms, individuals, non-profit and civic organizations from every part of the State. Its members represent virtually every economic and geographic cross section of Rhode Island. It is the support of its members which enables RIPEC to conduct in-depth research, monitor State and local program initiatives, advocate on behalf of its members and for the principles of good government, and conduct public information activities.
RIPEC members become partners in an enterprise whose research efforts make Rhode Island a better place to live and to do business. RIPEC's work informs thoughtful citizens and policy makers. It facilitates the development of good legislation, rational budgets and government programs. The policies and practices that result from its work help business and communities. RIPEC membership produces a high yield on investment:
- Research that helps improve the quality and value of state and local services and promotes rational tax policy;
- Credible and relevant analysis of state and local government economies and practices;
- Timely information to support members' business decisions;
- Comprehensive reports about public finance, education, human services and economic trends;
- Research material you can use for your own presentations and events; and
- A forum in which to meet and discuss pressing policy concerns with the state's most astute and respected business and institutional leaders.
RIPEC members receive the highest-quality research and analysis through mailings of reports prior to their release and through its quarterly newsletter. Members also have advance access to RIPEC events including the Annual Meeting. In addition, members have the opportunity to serve on working groups, volunteer their time or expertise to develop practical policy solutions, or to support RIPEC's mission through independent advocacy actions.
Member support allows RIPEC to continue its work as an independent, non-profit, non-partisan voice and catalyst for effective, efficient and equitable government in Rhode Island. To become a member, click here.